Group health plans have a multitude of documents they need to be compliant with federal regulations. Cafeteria plans must have plan documents as well as documentation evidencing the adoption of the plan, and plans subject to ERISA need a plan document outlining the plan’s terms for a number of items including eligibility, benefits, exclusions, a named fiduciary and plan administrator, claims and appeals procedures, funding information, and other items. These requirements are separate from the summary plan description, or SPD requirement, that plans must also meet.
This webinar will help employers understand what plan documents they need, what the documents should contain, and the implications of using a “wrap document” to wrap ERISA plan document and SPD requirements into one document.
This webinar will:
- Explain what a cafeteria plan document is, and what is required to be in the document
- Outline the supporting documentation every cafeteria plan should have regarding its adoption
- Explain what a plan document is for ERISA purposes and what is required to be in the document
- Explain the requirements for SPDs
- Discuss how wrap documents are used along with the pros and cons of using a wrap document
- Provide best practices regarding regular review and updating of plan documents
- Discuss an employer’s requirements when they update a plan, including Summary of Material Modification requirements
- Provide best practices regarding retention of plan documents and other record keeping requirements
This 90-minute beginner to intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the plan document requirements for group health plans.
- March, 08 2016